Friday, August 8, 2008

Creating Layouts From Magazines

Post Credited:

There's no question that scrapbookers LOVE to use sketches. (Including myself!) Just look at all of the books available featuring these little time-savers! But, you don't need to buy a book of sketches to gain inspiration, you can make your own Sketch Book by using magazines that you probably have stacked up around your home already!

I bought a cute notebook just for this purpose. After I read a magazine, I look through it again with different eyes . . . scrapbooking eyes. I look at the shapes of ads and articles and sketch down ideas for future layouts. Let me show you what I mean.



Below I have scanned in several pages from a "Penzey's Spices" Catalog and one Proactiv Advertisement. Below each page you will see the layout sketch I made from it.













For this final ad from the Penzey's Spices Catalog, I not only wanted to show you the sketch I made, but also a layout I made using the sketch. This layout was made using the Picnic Basket Kit.



No comments: