Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Distressing


Distressing is one of them techniques you either love or you dont but given the right page it can make the entire LO. I can remember the first time I distressed I was trying so hard to make it perfect and even. I have since learnt that quick and inprecise brushing of the stamp pad against your edge is best. Sometimes the rougher you are the better.

If you have never tried this technique before just grab a scrap piece of paper/card and hold it at an angle against your stamp bad and brush the edge of your pad against the paper going along all of the edges not being precise at all and it does not need to look even at all it is not meant to look perfect hence the name distress. Just practice a little and dont be scared pretty soon I am sure you will be addicted to distressing too.

Here is one example of a mini book I made for my DH a few years ago.

No comments: